Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 1 February 2010

Valentine's Trial Run!

I've never made one of these treat bags before but often see them on other people's blogs and I quite fancied a go. 

This was my trial bag:


I say 'trial' because I need to check its all going to work for my proper one!  lol  (trying also means I get to rip it all open and scoff the contents!) 

It's a bit of a poor man's treat bag because I haven't got a die cut for the header so I had to  draw and cut aroud this:
It was a charity shop frame bought specifically so I could draw around its outisde edge!

I hand drew all the stitching and lettering on the labels and flower and stuck a red button (shank removed) onto the centre of the flower. Wonderful Glossy Accents were added to the hearts.

Finally, I used a bag sealer to keep the contents fresh and used my stapler to add the bag to the label:

SNAAAP!!!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I honestly thought that was a proper die. Looks really good, enjoy those choccies :)

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks Carmen. I gave them to my boys in the end! They couldn't wait, had them straight after their Corn Flakes! :-O qwiksave

Related Posts with Thumbnails