Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 28 February 2010

Jingle Bells

For today's task I have been making another of my Christmas cards.  Some cards I make I will use layers and sketches found on the net but this one was designed to be flat:
First of all I stamped and cut out the santa onto a post it note to use as a mask then stamped him onto the white card.  I then embossed him with red glitter embossing powder.  I put the cut-out mask in place (directly over the embossed santa) and stamped the 'Ho Ho Ho' background. (This proved to be much trickier than I thought, because it was a wooden stamp, not clear.  Note to self, only try this again using CLEAR stamps!)

(Santa stamp from Inkadinkadoo collection)

I stuck it onto red card, which I then mounted onto the white background card.  I finished off with a working bell (he, he) attached to a ribbon.

Jingle, Jingle!

qwiksave x

3 comments:

Stephanie J said...

Hello! Just wanted to pop in & say thanks for entering my candy - good luck! Love your Santa card, too; I'm partial to red & white! (Canadian, eh... lol)

I'll be back to look around sometime... have a great night!

BeautifulDees said...

The card is darling(ooooh I cant even think of Christmas), you must be very ambitious!
Love,Debbie

Nicky Stevenson said...

Hi to both of you too,'ambitious' isn't a word in my dictionary (ask my husband!) lol. I just decided to do a few Christmas cards throughout the year rather than trying to fit loads in December. Thank you so much for following and hope you enjoy my makes. qwiksave x

Related Posts with Thumbnails