Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 12 February 2010

Judge your Family!

The object I used for today's craft didn't start out as being a particularly savoury object!  It was an 'Official Office Judge' scorer for men to give ladies a number from 0 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 in the office.  What a sexist idea!  Anyway, it only cost me 25p in the River Island sale in January, as I don't think they sold many! 

This is what it looked like before:
and this is how it looks now:
(The family name is on the top line but I have covered that up for security)

We have fun with this scoring board now, we jokingly judge each other on all manner of everyday things.  We will give each other little performances, singing (in my case badly!) and dancing, even my cooking doesn't escape getting a judge!  Some days my younger son rates the crafts I've made too!   We've been using it without its new facelift but it will be much more suitable to use now!

If you've got a Bind-it-all, its a good idea for another use - just use 10 pages which are numbered 1 to 10.  You can also make one with just a piece of cardboard or a coaster. Clip the pages together with a bulldog clip or similar. 

After the discussions I've been having about current trends I decided to purposefully look around to see what is about.  Today I noticed they had 'Alice in Wonderland' themed bags and accessories (like stopwatches, charm bracelets) already in the shop called 'Claires', and generally around I have noticed tattoos, cupcakes, birds and lace.  Hearts, roses and flowers are of course everywhere  and vintage is still around too.  I haven't checked the craft shops yet but will be doing so soon!  

2 comments:

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Looks like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing. Hugs Val xxx

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

What a bargain! I saw them at Christmas too and thought oooo weeere, bit tastless - never thought about altering one though! very clever!

helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails