Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 14 April 2012

Homemade Pencil Crayon Storage

Goodness me, what a long break that was!  I didn't plan to be away that long but once I was out of the swing of things it made it more and more difficult to come back in, if you know what I mean.  I have missed this form of 'show and tell' though so am really looking forward to getting back into it again.  Hope you're still out there and happy to welcome me back again!

(For those of you that are interested, I have some more dieting fiction books to add to my 'Live your best life' page which I will do in the next few days and am delighted to say that I did get down to a (UK) size 10 (from a size 14) for my friend's 40th birthday party.  I am still a size 10 (though sometimes a 12, particularly in the bust!) with a new goal of swanning around my back garden in a bikini for the Summer - a task that is no mean feat when you are the wrong side of 40!)

Those of you that follow me on Pinterest, (link top right sidebar) will probably have noticed that I am addicted spend an awful lot of time on there, avoiding all my housework and pinning squillions of creative and inspirational ideas that are compiled from all over the web.  This craft, made by my husband, a crafty friend and myself was a modified version of an idea that was spotted on Pinterest: 

It is a multi-layered pencil/pen/brush pot. 

 (and yes, these are all my pencil crayons!)

My husband hacksawed each of the pots to size from large cardboard tubes and my friend and I (thanks Chris!) helped him to cover all the pots with glue and newspaper.  (Alternatively they could be just painted or covered with decorative paper).

The pots were glued to the cardboard base with a hot glue gun and further tubes and shelves were added to make the back layers.  

It works fine as it is but for extra durability it will need a layer of varnish or two.


Thanks for stopping by today,
Nicky

4 comments:

Carmen said...

You were gone aaaaaaaaaages. But i definitely know what you mean. It's hard to get back into the swing of things when you've been away :)

Mahoosive congratulations on reaching your goal!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Yay your back!!! Well done on getting down to a 10 - very envious!

Claire x

K said...

Ooooo, liking the pencil holders, very organised.

WELL DONE on your weight loss! I'm a little bit behind you. Gone from a size 15 at the start of the year (size 14s too tight, size 16s a bit too big) & am now size 10 on top & size 12 below. Still working on it though :-)
Will we be getting bikini babe photos in the summer then? ;-)

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for the warm welcome crafters. Well done to you too K. Bikini photo?! I'm in my 40's so that is not very likely! ;) Any bikini wearing will probably be restricted just to our BACK garden!

Nicky

Related Posts with Thumbnails