Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 26 February 2010

Simple Stamp Card

Nice simple craft today - a card made by stamping and distressing, my favourite kind of card to make.


I started off in a nice genteel fashion, stamping the pink central decorative part and then added some pink flourishes around the corners and sides.  I then came in with the dark black Versamark ink.  I inked the corners, and then started on making a flourish 'forest'.  It reminds me of the story of 'Sleeping Beauty', the thorn forest growing up and taking over the pretty fairytale castle. 

I used a faded stamp pad to add the shading around the white area and I finished off by adding the butterfly.  I was wondering whether to colour the butterfly in some way, but then thought it would distract from the simple stamp appeal of the card.

8 comments:

Emmy said...

Beautiful - this is my kinda card :)

xxx

K said...

that is just breath takingly beautiful!

Sarah said...

Wow that is absolutely beautiful, I'd frame it and put it on the wall x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thank you for your kind comments. I don't have anyone in mind for this card so I'm thinking I will frame it, Rainmac. What a good idea! :-) qwiksave x

PepPop said...

Wow!! Now that is absolutely stunning!! Jaqui x

Hailz18 said...

your card is beautiful, I would like to start crafting and making cards would be a starting point - the simplest question keeps occuring to me though - how do I fold my card neatly without it wrinkling and looking shabby and home done?

Nicky Stevenson said...

Sorry Hailz18, I have only just seen your question today (28th April). I use what is called a bone folder to make my cards fold better. They are only about £2 from craft shops. You could also flatten the fold with a ruler on its edge. That helps them look less creased. Hope I have helped, qwiksave x

Anonymous said...

The excellent answer, I congratulate

Related Posts with Thumbnails