Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 21 February 2010

Children's Activity Box

This might be a bit late for Half Term but its a really useful thing to have.  I don't know about you, but when I take my little darlings(!) to cafes and visting other people's houses my boys tend not to have a very long attention span.  This can lead to them causing mischief - not ideal when all you want is a quiet coffee.

So today I made this retro pictured Activity Box:

I have seen one very similar to this in gift shops for a small fortune so I decided to made my own.  I scanned this old Ladybird book (which I remember having as a child) and stuck the image on the front of a plastic box:
Inside it contains: Usborne Activity Cards, Felt Tips, Wax Crayons, Sketch Book and Wiki Stix.

This box would be useful to keep in the car for holidays and all those 'fill in' moments.

I'm thinking I'd also like to use the image for the front of one of my notebooks - so I can write my ideas for my blog crafts in it.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

It's lovely. That image is fabulous and would so make a brilliant notebook!

PepPop said...

What a brilliant idea for little ones and I like your idea of using for your craft notebook. Jaqui x

Emmy said...

What a great idea hon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails