Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Merry Christmas Card

I think I've beaten most people I know in making their first Chrismas card this year!  We have been saying on MSE how we need to be organised early for Christmas, in order to avoid that mad panic racing round the shops in December.  We also have been thinking about making our own presents which is why some of us started just as soon as Xmas 2009 was over!  It makes sense in a money saving way to make presents and also gives us pleasure to make them.

Some people also spoke about making a few Christmas cards a month throughout the year, so they don't have to make loads on one December evening, desperately trying to finish before the last postal dates (Um, that'll be me, last year!)  Well, lets start!  Join me in making a few Christmas cards throughout the year and  for Xmas 2010 we will be all set!  Show them on your blogs and on MSE and maybe others will want to join in too! 

This was my very first one, this year:
I actually did it from a template.  I didn't even know templates existed until recently and now I plan to use them quite regularly in my card making and my scrapbooking.  There seem to be plenty to be found on the web and on other people's blogs.  This particular template was in the last edition of docraft's 'Creativity' magazine.  

This pink and silver theme I bought from TKMaxx in their sale in January. The decorative paper is called 'Rose-Tinted Christmas' and is part of the DCWV range.  I know the colours won't be so called fashionable next year, but to be honest, it doesn't  really matter.  Most people you give cards to don't know (or care!) whats fashionable or not in the crafting world.  It's quite difficult (and expensive!) to keep up with it all anyway.  Just go with what you like or have and get yourself prepared! 

This card just has a silver embossed snowman from the Inkadinkadoo range which is mounted on card and stuck on with raised sticky dots.  The snowflakes were punched from silver card and I've put sticky dots on the back to raise them from their background too.  I've been itching to distress the edges, but I'll resist the temptation, not everything needs the distress treatment!

Close-up details:

This is the second craft I've done with snow recently, think its because its still in the air.  We had a little arrive today and there's some more forecast for tomorrow.

4 comments:

PepPop said...

Aren't you organised missy. Yay well done. Love your snowman x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks. One down, about 40 or so to do! Welcome to my blog PepPop. qwiksave x

furrypig said...

that snowman stamp is sooo clever and it looks great with the silver embossing, good idea to be organised with making the Christmas cards. I have good intentions but they never get very far!

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks furrypig. and Hi! (waves) The whole snowman is embossed but it is so difficult to show in the photograph. I agree about the snowman, love the Inkadinkadoo range! I will be using the others in the set (of 4) on some of the other chrismas cards I make.

Related Posts with Thumbnails