Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 11 November 2010

Personalised Christmas Decorations

I've been looking at Christmas decorations in the shops today, looking at what ideas I could steal adapt using my own crafting skills. 

This was the result:
Personalised slate hearts

I didn't make the hearts out of slate (I wonder how you do that - possibly not that difficult?), I have just personalised each of them with a Uniball Signo White pen.  My slate hearts cost £3.99 for 4 from a local homeware shop.  I have looked on the net for you and spotted these (UK site) which look good and are made from roof tiles.

You could use chalks on them of course which would make the design less permanent, but I liked this particular collection to always have the names on.  I have also written the date (top picture) on the back of each.
I think they are going to look good either as a room or a tree decoration and not only that,  I could also use the photos I have taken of the hearts as yet another kind of decoration.  :-)

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

ziggy2407 said...

Fantastic - these look amazing and so expensive. Where did you find them?

I love stopping by every day to see what you've been up to and what ideas I can adapt.

Keeep up the good work

Chrissie

PS Im a long time lurker who just "had" to pop out and let you know I love your work.

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab idea, I think I might pinch this and adapt it slightly to make name place settings for the table.

Your handwriting is very impressive too! x

Cheap2Chic said...

What a lovely idea, they look wonderful but I'd never be able to write that neatly xx

Kandi said...

I love these, I bought some similar from the Lakes this summer, just like them without the holes and with a bit of felt on the back - they are coasters and cost a little fortune, arghhh!
Kandi x

Ally Hampshire said...

Hi, I found your blog yesterday and am inspired! I've copied you, and ordered slate hearts today and am itching to receive them. I'm going to keep checking your blog for inspiration..so many thanks, and have a super dooper Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails