Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 18 November 2010

Christmas Paper Piercing

I'm in the middle of experimenting with Paper Piercing. Just look at this mess on our dining table!:
Here are a few examples of what I have been working on so far:
This silver snowman was made by using a stencil to cut the shape out of a textured handmade paper
..and this tree was cut out of red script wrapping paper that has had tracing paper put on top. The tracing paper has freehand swirly lines that I made with a gold calligraphy pen.

Another tree (WIP) example made with a different area of the textured handmade paper:
Think I'm going to be able to make some great Christmas cards using this technique. 

Off to do some more (fun!) experimenting...

Thanks for looking and any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate such kind of portal

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, great ))

Related Posts with Thumbnails