Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Hand Printed Wrapping Paper

I've just started experimenting with printing my own wrapping paper using brown parcel paper and foam and clear stamps. 

This first one I have tried is of a scroll design which I have stamped in red with a gold snowflake.
One tip that you might find useful is to let your stamp design go off the paper (onto scrap paper) to make it look more professional.

I also stamped this one with green trees and gold flourishes.  I do like my flourishes, can you tell? ;-)
Some stamp pads work better than others.  
This white Stazon is very subtle in RL - and the stamp kept sticking to the paper!
The roll of paper that I used for this was just 99p from my local newsagents but it's a bit on the thin side.

Quite a fun 'production line' activity with some useful wrapping paper to use at the end of it.  You can also be creative with your ribbons, and use other natural products instead, like rafia, etc.

* * *
I did two posts yesterday, please check out my second post, Same Scene 39 years Later!! challenge post if you haven't already.  Wouldn't want you to miss it! ;-)

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you  tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

Carmen said...

I love wrapping things in brown paper but usually make things hard for myself and stamp after wrapped - why did I not think of doing it before? Doh!

I love the look of yours.

K said...

I love your scroll stamp, you do so many fab things with it .... it is most certainly on my xmas list.

PepPop said...

Loving the scroll stamp - and great tip for going over the edges too. It's gonna make your parcels look even more special. Great work. Jaqui x

Kandi said...

That is beautiful!!!! I really love those stamps you have chosen to use, one better than the next, fab idea. Off to check out your last post...
Kandi x

Related Posts with Thumbnails