Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 30 July 2010

Fancy Dress

Today's post is a photographic one.  Today my boys had 'Dressing Up' Day in the garden, until rain stopped play. I was going to put some outfits on myself  (honest!) but some of the outfits got damp in the garden when we came in for lunch and it rained - so I you have been spared that spectacle!

This one of my oldest has had a little bit of Picnik treatment:
Picnik, for those of you that are new to my blog and don't know I use it a lot, is a free photo manipulation program that you can do lots of cool effects with (you can also subscribe for even more effects).

Both my boys liked the 'Stephanie from Lazy Town' wig! (um, mine!)

These are of my youngest:
..and these are of my oldest - in lots of different wigs!:
We do seem to have acquired a lot of fancy dress stuff over the years as we do like to go to town at parties!  (Not that we go to many!) But you can't beat a bit of silliness now and again, can you?
* * *

My husband is coming back from China tomorrow and we are all going to Germany on Monday for 9 days.  Today I got my boys learning about where it is (remember? lol) and a bit about the Country.  I got a book from the library:
We even learned about some of its history:

..and some german language. We now know 'Please' (Bitte), 'Thank You' (Danke) and 'Chocolate' (Shokolade). 
Also, 'Hello' (Guten Tag) and 'Goodbye' (Auf Wiedersehen).

We will be going to Playmobil Land which looks fun on the videos on youtube.  I will of course be taking lots of photos, some of which I'll show you on here.  I may be able to do it whilst we are away, depending on the quality of internet access.

Thanks for reading,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

6 comments:

craftygranny said...

Sounds like you had a fun day shame about the rain.lol. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

furrypig said...

If I don't get a chance to come back before you go I want to say have a wonderful holiday xxx

K said...

I want your dressing up box!! especially the wigs, lol. Looks a blast. MckLinkys up on my blog if you want to link up your holiday activities :)

Hope you have a fab, sunny holiday hun.

Nicky Stevenson said...

We've got loads more costumes that I haven't shown you. Quite a few of them (including the fab NEW leopard costume) came from charity shops - but not the wigs. (The one in the middle picture is a new mophead!)

Thanks for the holiday wishes. x

Julie (elysia2003) said...

Your photos are wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful time in Germany, and I look forward to seeing more pics on your return!

Have a safe journey xxx

Carmen said...

At least you learnt the two most important words. Chocolate please :D :D Have an amazing time when you go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails