Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 16 July 2010

School Summer Holiday Prep

Hands up whose children have got a long school summer holiday coming up?  Got any plans for activities that you and they are going to be doing?  Are you planning on going anywhere nice?

For tonight's craft I have recovered a plain notebook..
..that I am going to use as my brainstorming book on things we can be doing this Summer Holiday. 

Some years I'm more organised than others, five years ago when my children were a lot smaller I did LOADS of things with them every day and photographed absolutely everything we did.  A lot of fun was had then (I plan to show some of those activities on here throughout the Summer, hopefully it will give you some ideas).

On the handrawn sun rays of the notebook I made tonight I have put some subjects:  
..and will be using them as headings for my pages inside.

As my children get older I don't think they'll be wanting me controlling sorting out their activities, but until then I am quite happy to find things that I think they'll enjoy.  Everything is of course going to be open for discussion -and agreement- and that way we will all get to enjoy the long Summer break.

Thanks for stopping by,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

PS - Those without children, rest assured, I will still be doing normal crafting too!  :-)

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I think your newly covered notebook looks fantastic and what a great way to keep all of your ideas in one place.

All my children are grown up now but I remember doing little crafts with them to keep them occupied during the long (to me, short to them) summer break. It's been so long since I've done anything like that. Maybe I can borrow the neighbor's kids and have arts and crafts time. lol

Kandi said...

I am impressed, how organised! My book would mainly say, "Stop kids from hurting each other" repeat daily for 6 weeks!
Kandi x

K said...

I promise I wasnt copying your idea here http://kscraftycorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-fun.html if I had I would have copied that pad as well, its fab!!!

I shall be watching & probably nicking some of your ideas as well :D

Carmen said...

Will be watching with interest Nikki. Like Kandi says - I've got 6 weeks of trying to prevent at least one murder ;)

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for the kind comments bloggers. Yes Deanna, 'borrow' some kids, I'm sure they'll love the arts and crafts, lol. Kandi, I find entertaining my kids keeps them from fighting at least whilst they are occupied! I do have that same problem though (sigh!) K, you pinch my ideas and I'll pinch yours, deal? Sounds like a good plan to me! :-) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails