Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Spray stencilling

I mentioned yesterday that I was itching to get on with journalling/stencilling in the style of Dina Wakley but was procrastinating. Well today, that niggle turned into action!  It's just a baby step, I've been trying out spraying through some old stencils but its a step in the right direction.

This is what I've been up to tonight (and got very inky fingers in the process!):
(The one on the right is the stencil itself)

I love the effect of spraying, all those uncontrollable blots they make.  I haven't got any mists (yet!) so used my old sprayer that I used to blow down to put fixative on pastel drawings.. 

..and here is my workdesk!
This is the one I have in the attic, it gets very hot in the Summer so I have also taken over the dining room table.  Thats how the picture started out by the way, with just the dragonfly.  As you can see, I just used drawing inks.  Think I might have overdone the dark blue at the end but no matter, this is just me practicing!
Another work in progress shot.
Don't think I'll be needing any pics of dinosaurs in my journal (?!) but they were useful to use for my practice run. 

I even got myself a journal today
Isn't it lovely? Just 99p from my local Barnados!

Thanks for stopping by,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails