Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 23 July 2010

Flourishes Printmaking

I think the charity shop saw me coming today (no, not in that way!) they had put this gem in their 30p box which had my name on it! (no, not literally, lol)

Before I show you what it is I will show you what I made with it:

Just look at that sumptious texture with my favourite motif - flourishes, yay!

The object itself I think is a hot plate/trivet for teapots?  It's got an Ikea label on the back so it probably wasn't that expensive in the first place, but it is just 'so me!'

It's all embossed so I'll be able to use it for so many things, embossing (obviously), clay impressions, crayon or wax rubbings... and what I did in the above pictures, printmaking.  I covered it with some Black Soot Distress Ink and printed it on a piece of scrap paper (above) and all over a large piece of lining paper (below):

This was me getting my hands dirty:
I was thinking that I might use this paper either inside or on the cover of the Altered Book I started yesterday.

What a great find!

Thanks for reading,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

4 comments:

Uma said...

looks brilliant very moneysaving

Carmen said...

DEFINITELY oh so you! What a find and what a price. This will get so much use I can tell :P

Kandi said...

Its lovely when you come across something that adore but you didn't know you needed.Love the creative flourishes!
Kandi x

furrypig said...

You have such a creative mind! You just looked at that trivet thingy and knew what to do with it! 30p very well spent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails