Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 24 July 2010

Cover of Altered Book

Well, its the very start of the Summer holidays for us...and my oldest son has gone off to cub camp in the New Forest for a week!  More of that later in the post.

As you know, I am altering an old book that I started the other day, I still don't know its theme (although there is a great resource that lists themes for altered books here) but I have recovered it with the paper that I made yesterday:

I just covered it used the 'hospital corner' technique that I remember from High School all those millions of years ago, lol.
My trusty ATG Glue Gun was used to stick it down.

I also cut out the one and only illustration out of the book:
By cutting out just the illustration it has framed the next page:
which has a flowery frame around it.  I'm not terribly keen on the frame but might leave it in as I do intend to keep some parts of the original book.  I will be changing the title inside it though.
As I said, I don't quite know what this book will be about yet, I'm making it up as I go along  at the moment I am just appreciating the process.  That site I have mentioned (once or twice) is a great resource for altered books and there is a great gallery of inspiration to be found here.

* * * * *

As I mentioned at the start of my post, our ten year old has gone away without us for the first time!  I'm sure he'll have a great time doing all those fun things that cubs get up to at camps but it does feel a bit strange in the house without him:
 
Bye Mum!
Just before set off (Ryan is here on the left)

Our other son is going tomorrow morning. He will be camping with his Beavers group but that's only until Monday night.  Still, it's going to be very quiet for a couple of days for me here at home but it will mean that I can come and go as I choose, hooray!

Thanks for reading,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

Carmen said...

The book is looking fabby - really starting to take shape. Thanks for that link, I'm going to enjoy having a read through that blog later.

Addams said...

Wow that looks great. You are very brave. I dont think I could have cut the picture out of the book!

Carole said...

fantastic book :)

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Oh, it's looking good! Thanks for the link. x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for the kind comments crafters.

Addams, It helped that the picture wasn't exactly a nice one! I've kept it though, you never know...

Related Posts with Thumbnails