Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 12 July 2010

Recycled Paper MiniBook

Whilst looking for a craft to do for my favourite blog followers (yes, thats you!) tonight I came across this website which described how to make a very simple minibook out of two pieces of recycled paper, some elastic and a stick.  The full description of how to make it (easy!) is described on the webpage but this is how the one I made turned out:

Using these materials:
I used a bit of leather because I couldn't find my elastic, I was going to use rafia (see pic) but it kept breaking.  I have also distressed my edges with scissors and will be adding some distressed ink when I can locate that too.  My craft supplies have started disappearing on me again! ;-)  Think it might be time for a tidy up!

There is also a youtube tutorial video to follow here.

As you can see, it is so simple, children can make this one (with some help!)  A possible Summer Holiday activity?

I am going to give this to my elder son for when he goes camping with Cubs at the end of the month to put his 'nature' notes in but he may decide to use it for something else. 

Thanks for reading,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

3 comments:

Deanna said...

What a cute idea. I would love to make this with some sketch paper. Thank you for the link. :)

furrypig said...

love the idea of making with the kids in the hols and if it's simple I might be able to make one too! Thanks xxx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Glad you like it. There's some more great books on that site to make too.

I'm wondering whether she used an elastic band as her elastic? Think so...

Related Posts with Thumbnails