Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 26 June 2011

A Holey Layering Technique

I'm still hard at work sorting out this slideshow for the school but I had a little time off to do a bit of crafting (yay!). 

One of the exercises in  Marit's Creative Summer Camp course that I am following was to produce a journal page or two using pictures and lettering from just one magazine. I made a start at this but I haven't made it into a journal page yet.

   (The lady was lying down in the picture)

I love mixing text with photos.  To do this particular type I hole punched into the top page picture and stuck it down onto a page of text.  The magazine I used in this case was an Italian copy of 'Vogue'.  (The pink colour was added using Picnik).
This is how it looks before its colour change...

and on the back of the page above was a picture of a couple.  They also got 'the treatment':
I love the layered effect that the hole punching creates.

 The lettering is also underneath on this one but the photograph makes it look as though they are stuck on top.
 
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

2 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fantastic technique - love the effect it gives. Might have to give this one a go - thanks xxx

Marit said...

What a great effect!!! I never thought of 'punching' in this way (I don't ever use a punch, now that I come to think of it...) I LOVE how this shows though and I will remember this 'technique'. Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails