Yesterday I made this paint brush holder out of a beans can which I coloured with alcohol ink. It is really shiny in real life, more than it looks in the pic. (A little tip about baked beans cans, for recyling - or for projects like this! - always wash them immediately they are emptied, otherwise they are a devil to wash!) On this one I added ribbon and a button and tied some matching pink thread through the button holes.
This weekend, my husband and I have been
making helping our son make a working model of a canal lock out of balsa wood for his homework.
We haven't quite finished it yet (glue drying) but are hoping that water will rise and fall -and not leak! - in the right places when its finished. My part was
helping with the masking and painting, which was quite difficult with my ongoing dodgy eye, but it seems to be looking the part. Fingers crossed for the rest!
Hope you've had a good weekend,
Thanks for looking,