Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 1 April 2011

Gauche Alchemy Painted Paper Challenge

I've been meaning to do this challenge ever since I saw it on the GA blog over 2 week ago.  The challenge was created by a favourite blogger of mine, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer (of Balzer Designs), who was one of the guest designers for last month on Gauche Alchemy.

The challenge was "to give an old piece of patterned paper a new lease of life by painting on it and incorporating it into a project." Well, I've done the first bit, (I, um, forgot the rest!) and will be, ahem, finishing off the second part (ie making it into a project) in the next few days!

The idea actually came from Julie's blog (Balzer Designs). In her sidebar is a video link to a DVD she has made (available for purchase there). There is a clip from the DVD showing this fab technique that I have used to make my painted paper.

This is how it looks close up (click for details):

..and here is a slideshow that shows how I did it:



I've had a bit of a busy day today, I've finally dyed my hair(back to brown, it was getting very grey!) and I received a fabulous parcel from my sister this morning (thanks Liz, if you are looking in). I also got some fantastic bargains at charity shops (future post) and I've been to the school for parent's evening. Not forgetting to mention creating this picture today and making the video, it's all go here!

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Love that slideshow Nicky! The paper is gorgeous - can't wait to see what you make with it. Don't forget to linky up!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wow! Fab paper hun - I've just got me some new paints so might be tempted to have a play myself. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails