The challenge was "to give an old piece of patterned paper a new lease of life by painting on it and incorporating it into a project." Well, I've done the first bit, (I, um, forgot the rest!) and will be, ahem, finishing off the second part (ie making it into a project) in the next few days!
The idea actually came from Julie's blog (Balzer Designs). In her sidebar is a video link to a DVD she has made (available for purchase there). There is a clip from the DVD showing this fab technique that I have used to make my painted paper.
This is how it looks close up (click for details):
..and here is a slideshow that shows how I did it:
I've had a bit of a busy day today, I've finally dyed my hair(back to brown, it was getting very grey!) and I received a fabulous parcel from my sister this morning (thanks Liz, if you are looking in). I also got some fantastic bargains at charity shops (future post) and I've been to the school for parent's evening. Not forgetting to mention creating this picture today and making the video, it's all go here!
Thanks for looking and for any comments,