Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Watering the Flowers

I can never tell where I will get my ideas and inspiration for doing my daily craft, sometimes it just 'comes to me!'  This one happened whilst I had the shopping channel, 'Create & Craft' playing in the background on the TV the other night (I don't buy stuff from them, their postage costs are very high, unless they have an offer on).  Anyway, I digress.... They were promoting the lovely Sakura pens and the man that was demonstrating was using a water brush to add shading, like watercolour paints.  I thought, 'ooh, I've got one of those brushes, and some Sakuras in the back of beyond somewhere, I'll dig them out.  So thats what I did. 
In daylight and with my glasses on, I can see the errors, but I'll give it to my mother-in-law when she hasn't got hers on (he,he) and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.
(Think I'd better fill in some 'missed bits' first though, macro lenses on cameras are unforgiving!)
(They are peel offs coloured in using Sakura Stardust Pens and a Water Brush)

Today I thought I'd also show you one of my older son's 'crafts' whilst he's been off on his Easter Holidays:
The Simpson's sofa is made out of building blocks. (The Simpson's dolls are from 'The Works')  They can now watch themselves on their own sofa!  :-)

See you tomorrow

qwiksave x

2 comments:

Gem said...

wow I love the watercolouring effect you've created with the pens :) fabulous card xx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks Gemma. Looking at it close up on this blog I think it looks a bit messy but in real life - when you don't get too close - it looks better! qwiksave x

Related Posts with Thumbnails