Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 12 March 2010

Magic Piccy

Where does the time go?  I'm in the middle of crafting and before I know it the time runs out! Don't you find that?  Real life gets in the way and you are called out to make dinner, take the kids to school or one million other things that pull us away from the masterpiece we are in the process of creating! 

Well, I wouldn't call what I'm doing tonight a 'masterpiece', in fact its a bit of cartoony fun for the kids again, which is back onto the theme of Easter. Don't know why I have the Easter theme in my head so much these days, we haven't even had Mother's Day yet! (On Sunday for us in the UK).

For tonight's project, I revisited an old site I used to frequent YEARS ago! Neil Buchanan's Art Attack!  I have done this project:

A Magic Frame  (under 'Art Attacks' heading, go to G-M,  Magic Picture Frame)

The instructions are a bit complicated, so if you want to make one yourself, please follow the instructions from the link.  It looks impressive though, the picture appears to be completely Black & White, you pull it out from its frame and it is in full colour!  The type of thing my little boys will like anyway. 

UPDATE:  I made a mistake making this project - I drew this outline freehand and then realised I couldn't colour it in for this project.  Doh! Lesson learned - Follow the instructions!:
So I made another one....
This time I used the Disney Club Penguin Book and a light box to trace these Puffles...
You pull it out of the frame and as if by magic...
....They colour themselves in!

I made one of these a few years ago that I've also dug out to show you:
Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you tomorrow!

qwiksave x

4 comments:

Carmen said...

How fun! I must have a play at these. Will check out the link in a bit!

Crafty JuJu said...

Great fun, love it, not seen these in ages :) x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Yeah, have a go Carmen, and show us what you make.

You don't have to be able to draw either, you can trace the picture if you want.

qwiksave x

PepPop said...

This is fantastic. Love it. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails