When I think of collections of tips, I can't help but remember the very silly (but funny!) collection of tips that the adult comic Viz used to produce (actually they may still do them, I don't know?..) I managed to find two of the books they made way back in 1995 from a charity shop and they cost me 50p each.
I used the cover of one to make mine up:
I photocopied the page then did a bit of cutting, pasting and stamping with an ink blot stamp:
...and drew roughly around the edge.
(The folding scissors shown here on the left have since been removed, they didn't really work).
I have started to add some sensible crafty tips into my book but thought you might enjoy a few of the daft ones taken from the Viz books:
1. Make your own 'glitter' this Christmas by wrapping grains of sugar in kitchen foil.
2. Throw large, peeled carrots into your garden pond. They are indistinguishable from expensive Koi Carp.
3. On trains, the plastic triangular packs in which sandwiches are sold make ideal elbow protectors. Wear them on your sleeves to prevent your elbows getting wet when your coffee gets spilled all over the table.
You might also want some serious craft tips from my book:
1. Keep Silica Gel packs to use with your stored photos.
2. To prevent journal pages sticking together, use a couple of drops of Liquid Car Wax on a cotton rag and buff the pages lightly (not tried).
3. Permanent markers can be removed from hands with Hand Sanitiser (also not tried).
As this post seems appropriate, I would like to link it up with Top Tips Tuesday.
Thanks for looking and for any comments,