Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 24 January 2014

Creative Jump Start 2014 - Masking Tape Background

The interesting background you can see on this page was demonstrated to us by Marjie Kemper on the Creative Jump Start 2014 course.  Each of our projects has been so different, which is a good thing because it stretches our creative muscles trying out techniques that we wouldn't normally tackle. 

The background technique you may just be able to work out is created with .....masking tape.  Marjie coloured hers with Ranger inks but I hadn't got any of those so used colouring pencils instead.  I would have tried Distress Inks but someone in the forum mentioned that they slide off the tape.  
Being young at heart, despite my real ancient age, this quote by Einstein really appealed to me.  The crackled effect of the masking tape suggested wrinkles so my theme was made.  Like Marjie, I created a matching tag and added a few ready made embellishments.  The photos came from my enormous stash of magazines.

 
The addition of a few buttons and the handwritten quote to finish the page off and this was another CJS2014 project 'in the bag.'

Thank you for looking today, hope you enjoy your weekend - whatever the weather!

Nicky {Creative Flourishes}


1 comments:

Carmen said...

I just love the warm colours on this and that old lady just looks such a character!

Related Posts with Thumbnails