Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 27 January 2014

CJS2014: Mini Keyring Scrapbook of Quotes


 

In my post yesterday I showed you how I made some textured surfaced pages using a cutout squeegee, an old comb and some modelling paste on the top of previously made gelli prints.  Today I used the textured pages to create a little (3" x 2.5") portable keyring scrapbook.

I started off by painting a piece of acrylic paper with some yellow drawing ink and when that was dry I splattered on some black indian ink.
 I separated my page into 12 and used a set of Tim Holtz rubons to randomly place letters and words all over the squares.  More of the quotes were added onto separate yellow paper and some of the others off the sheet went onto the front of my mini scrapbook.
(I have to add that the rubons weren't that easy to use, they stuck to all kinds of things that they shouldn't !)







As someone who loves the distressed look (you'd never have guessed, would you?!), I couldn't resist going around each square with my black Momento ink pad.  I loved the way it emphasized the lines on the acrylic paper.  After that I stuck on my cutout quotes onto the blue textured paper and then the blue paper was stuck onto each of the squares:
The blank keyring scrapbook was bought ready made and even contained mini page protectors to put my pages into.
And there was my finished project, 12 pages of inspirational quotes to inspire my creative life:

Thank you for looking today.  See you again soon for some more CJS2014 projects.
Nicky {Creative Flourishes}

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

where'd u get the notebook from?

Related Posts with Thumbnails