Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 22 October 2011

Creative Photographic Playing

Regular followers of my blog will know how much I love Picnik, the free online photo service owned by Google.  Today was no exception and this time I worked with pictures that I had recently taken using the hipstamatic app on my iPhone. This meant that they already had a distressed effect on before I even started altering them again...and again...and again. (Such fun! ☺)



I should point out that some of these effects aren't available on the free version of Picnik, I do pay for a subscription.  Don't ask me how I did each of them though, I just enjoyed 'playing' with the images and the various editing tools.

I made more than these three and my plan is to put all of them into a mini handmade book with pockets, like this one I made last year using just one 12 x 12" piece of Tim Holtz paper.   (Instructional video available on that link):
Have a good weekend, thanks for stopping by,
qwiksave

3 comments:

furrypig said...

those photos are sooo striking I love the affects you have achieved. My DD first showed me Picnik but I still haven't used it so you have inspired me to investigate thanks Nikki xxx

Carmen said...

I'm very tempted to subscribe. It's all your fault. I do enjoy using all the free stuff but the premium stuff just looks so cool!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab photos. I made one those books out of the 12 x 12 sheets - they're so quick and easy, but so effective. Love the idea of keeping piccies in one! Claire x

Related Posts with Thumbnails