To show you what I did last night, I had to use the scanner:
This (above) is the 'artistically altered' (Picnik) version of this:
Originally this was a dull copper coloured plaque (bought from a junk shop ages ago), and last night I decided to give it some colour. First I tried using alcohol inks but to my surprise they wiped away! So I got out the acrylic paints instead. The fishes, sea horse and the rings & seaweed are all in 3d relief. They were originally beaten out of the metal with some texture tools. I rubbed gold relief paint on them and then a dry brush of black paint was used to bring out the details.
Apologies for the quality of the images, the scanner doesn't like 3d elements!
I'm in two minds whether to colour the fishes and seahorses more, as in not keeping them all gold. I shall live with it for a while and then decide what to do...
Thanks for looking and for any comments,