Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 24 June 2010

Dog Collar

Don't you just love it when your children come home from school saying they need such-and-such outfit for the school production TOMORROW!?   As you can guess, this is what happened to me today.  Our older son comes home and says that he is to be a 'bad punk-type RAT' in this year's school play of 'The Pied Piper of Hamlin' and in order to look punk-like he wants to wear a dog collar.  Well, our nearest pet shop is a fair way to get to when you haven't got a car so we went hunting for one nearer home.  There is a shoe repairer's nearby and they sell leathery laces and such like so I thought I'd ask in there.  Once the assistant had stopped sniggering about my request, he suggested some other places, neither of which had one.  So it was decided to make our own.  We couldn't get any thick leather so we made this out of a strip of velvet and studs fixed on to it with my old 'Gem Styler:'   

Punk or what?
(photo has a Picnik effect)

Here is what I used:
A Gem Styler (very easy, works like a hole punch - bought in the Woolworths sale!), velvet ribbon and studs, plus a couple of magnetic fasteners from Papermania.
Oops! We hadn't got any actual studs, so we had to use stars instead. 
(The newspaper, incidently, came from Dubai. I asked my husband to get me a collection of foreign newspapers for making crafty backgrounds).

On stage, and from a distance, no-one will ever know (well, apart from you lot :-)  ). Sshh, keep mum!

***

I won't be doing a post tomorrow or Saturday, we will be camping and I'm not organised enough to schedule posts.   But do have a great weekend and I should be back on Sunday evening, after THE football,

qwiksave

3 comments:

Carmen said...

He should be very pleased with that - I'd wear it on an every day basis - never mind being a punk rat :P Hope his show went well and that you are having a fun weekend ;)

Bark Collar said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Colin Seal said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Anyway, I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Kind Regards,

Colin Seal
this contact form

Related Posts with Thumbnails