Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Bootcamp Day 10 and Birthday Card

The other day when I was doing this Creative Bootcamp project, I said I 'don't do ornaments' and only thought I had the one, the paperweight I showed you.  Well today, I was up in the attic and found this model I made about 15 years ago out of air drying clay:

It's perfect for today's Creative Bootcamp theme, 'Full-bodied':


Painted with good old poster paint and glossy varnish!
*
When I was up in the attic, I couldn't resist doing some more sorting and tidying and so it only left a little time for crafting tonight.  But before I go on, if you are one of my bestest mates who I go for a coffee with on Thursday mornings, then no peaking! I'm working on your birthday card (y'know who you are!):

The photo hasn't shown it very well but both the cup and the dark brown background have been swirl embossed using a Cuttlebug.  The idea came from the new range of Kanban Coffee papers.  

When it is this friend's birthday at the end of the month, a big group of us are going camping for the weekend , we go every year, and its always great fun! 

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

7 comments:

Louise said...

She's great - I bet it was really fun to make!

Kandi said...

Love it ~ she looks like me!
Kandi x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Yes, Lou and Mel, she was fun to make, and I quite fancy making some more/others.

Kandi, I nearly spat out my tea! You did make me laugh as I was imagining you in that flowery dress. (Incidently, she came purely from my imagination) :-)

xx

Corinne Cunningham said...

I love the lady! :) So perfect!

Carmen said...

LOL! She's fabulous and perfect for the prompt! Am behind again - just catching up on blogs and then am getting the paints out with Ruby. Hopefully to catch up!

dizzytina said...

She is brill. If you make some more then make sure you do a tutorial. i'd love to have a go at something like that!!
x x

Sarah said...

I love your model, she's gorgeous x

Related Posts with Thumbnails