Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 13 December 2012

Love Homemade Christmas Tree Decorations!

Last weekend we put up our tree (have you got yours up yet?) and I love the fact that we've gone for a real tree this year.  We've gone the artificial tree route for years and I must say that I'd almost forgotten just how lovely the real ones smell.  So christmassy, love it!

The other thing I love is when you get out your box of decorations and as you take out each one your memory starts coming back to you. This is what happened to me this year, when quite a few of the decorations I found were ones that I had made and showed you on this blog last year and the year before that.

Like this one:
Made simply by adding some silver cake balls into a clear bauble.  I noticed quite a few of the big shops like Asda and M&S had objects in their clear baubles this year, I wonder if they've been trawling through  our crafty blogs....?


And these two:

Made using hardened bread! They don't seem to have gone off, even though they are 2 years old!

This one is lovely, made by Linda, a christmas blog swap partner last year.  Looks as though it was made from clay. It has a lovely textured pattern put onto it. 

These I made this year, for my recent school christmas fair:
..and the Hama bead ones that the boy's helped me with also look good with the light shining through too:


And finally, one of the tree itself:
 (sniff, sniff)

Hope your Christmas preparations are going to plan.  The best advice that I read about this recently was 'Keep Calm, Make a List'.  

Thanks for stopping by today,
Nicky

1 comments:

Kandi said...

I love your tree makes, your handwriting is always beautiful! I have never had a real tree I'm swooning over yours. I am so far behind this year I have not even made a list yet, eek, time to panic I think! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails