Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Out from Hibernation

When I did my first proper craft fair a few weeks ago, one of the comments I got from an interested customer was, 'Did your boys (who were with me) help you make the crafts?'  I had to admit that they hadn't and the customer looked a bit disapointed.  It made me think, 'Maybe they could, in fact they would probably enjoy it too.'  So, for this next craft fair I am doing, the boys have started to help me and last weekend we made these:

Pet rocks

I found this children's craft idea on Pinterest (originally from here as fridge magnets, but ours are just going to be (potential) pets.  We were thinking of selling them at the primary school craft fair but I do like the idea that I saw SJ had done with some of the ones she had made.  She left them in places in the wild for other people to find!  What a great idea!  (Also love her designs, see here and here). 

Making note: The pebbles without the googly eyes were created by just adding lines to the natural cracks found in the stones (eg bottom left, green).    All the stones were painted using Designer's Gouache and varnished with spray gloss. 

Most of the items we are making are Christmas items, but we will also have a few (like the above) that are not.  

 * * * * * *

The weather is proving to be quite a mixed bag at the moment.  Some days it has been surprisingly warm and other days really WET! (like yesterday)  but one morning last week, bright and early, we had a frost.
It was FREEEEZING!  But the sky was a lovely colour:
(Taken from the skylight in our attic room)


And finally, for my round up of today, my photos of our Bonfire Night at the local rugby club:

See you again soon(ish!)
Nicky

3 comments:

K said...

Those pebbles are soooooo cool!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

The pebbles are fab. I've got a bag from B&Q that are waiting to be decorated!

Brilliant photos. Nice to see you back!

Claire x

Carmen said...

Looooove these! Have seen some people in Blogland leave the ones with words on in public places but none with pictures. What a great idea. I love your monster pets :)I may have to get the girls doing this, they'd have such fun and it's something they can ALL do. (Ruby gets frustrated sometimes when the girls are doing more intricate stuff and wont let her help.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails