Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Mojo explosion

I'm not sure what it is but my somewhat dormant creative mojo has hit me for six and all I want to do is create!  Yay!  It helps that there are so many wonderful (free!) online courses running at the moment.  I'm in the process of doing three, so you will be getting more than the usual number of posts from me these days, hope you don't mind!

Yesterday I did the second day of Natalie Malik's 'In the Sun' course and it was a page on what we wanted for this Summer. 

This was mine:
The prompt was to get a magazine picture and doodle on it, add colour and write on it our hopes for this Summer. 

As you can see, my wish was very simple!  This Spring here in the UK has been so wet, we are desperate to get some sun!  (Although I must say, today here in the Midlands, it is glorious!)  On my picture from Junior magazine, I added my sun, sky and beach details with twinkling h20 watercolour paints (love the shimmer it gave the sun).  The other details, including the doodled bikini, were done with a highlighter pen, felt tips and a black outliner.

The second challenge I am taking part in is the ICAD and this was my card from Day 11:
One of the optional prompts was to use our alphabet stamps.  For this card I crayoned some of  the background with a watercolour crayon, washed over it with water and then dried it.  I then used a resist inkpad and clear embossing powder on my alphabet and grid stamps (This was a bit tricky because you couldn't see where you had stamped).  After heat embossing, I covered the whole card with black ink and then wiped it over with a baby wipe.  Finally I added some more alphabet stamps in black, on top.

I also started another course yesterday, this one is just one of those 'one challenge a week' type called Marit's Quirky Dutch Summer.  I will show you the pages I have done for that in my next post (later today),  but if you wish to take a look at the challenge, the link to it is in my sidebar.

Thanks for looking today and for any comments,
Nicky

2 comments:

K said...

WOW! I thought the piccy was one of your digital piccy plays, knowing now that its all hand done, WOW!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Uh where have you found the time for all of this fantastic creativity? Have you bribed the time bandit? :D xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails