Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Marit's Quirky Dutch Summer #1

I love the journalling work of the Dutch blogger, Marit, of Marit's Paperworld Blog.  It appealed to me so much that I did an online Summer course with her last year, purely on the strength of my liking her journal pages.  I saw them and decided there and then to go for it, about a week before it started.  I have since been an avid follower and always come away impressed by her creativity.  

This year she is offering a free mini course, held each Tuesday, called 'Quirky Dutch Summer' (link in my sidebar).

It started this week and the first assignment we have, with step-by-step instructions, was about 'tackling the blank page'.

Those that have been following me for a while may remember an altered book I started a while back called 'New to You' as in different techniques to have a go at.  It is also loosely based on religion and as such I have been adding hymns and carols I like to wail to, so with that in mind, I made myself a CHRISTMAS page! (sorry those of you of a nervous disposition, mentioning that word in June!)

There are lots of pictures to show you of how I made it, so without further ado, step 1 (click to enlarge):





If you are looking for something to kickstart your mojo, join in with us, everyone is welcome! 

* * * * *

Finally today, yesterdays ICAD was this:
I remember this saying from when I was younger, strangely enough we were never warned about the sharks! 

Thanks for looking today and for any comments,
Nicky 

3 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

OMG that Christmas page rocks! Love it!!!

LOL @ the fish card! Strangely enough I was never warned about the sharks either!!! :D

Claire x

Carmen said...

That Christmas page, once I got over the shock of it in June, is absolutely stunning. loving all the layers.

~*~Patty S said...

Hello again...I visited you in Marit's QDSummer flickr group

just wanted to say how nice it was to see your creative process
for your lovely pages!

oxo
p.s. you make me want to make some ICAD's again too ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails