Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 3 May 2012

Take Note Journal Page

Tonight I've done a craft with an important message - for myself and others.  It's another page in my filofax journal which I've called 'Relief':
About six weeks ago I started to get some health symptoms of a 'delicate nature' and I don't know about you, but I was (silly, I know!) embarassed to go and see a doctor about them.  I kept putting it off and putting it off and kind of hoping that they would go away by themselves (which would save me the 'embarassment').  Well they didn't and the other night I lay in bed not being able to sleep because I was  worrying myself so much that what I had was something serious.  I vowed to ring the doctors and book an appointment for the very next day which at least meant I could finally get to sleep.  I did ring but they put me off until the next day.  This could, if I had let it, have given me another excuse not to have to 'face my fear' of finding out exactly what was wrong.  
Well, as you can see by the journal page, I went (today) to see the doctor and what I have is not serious, it is something that will cure itself, yay!  The doctor even admitted that she had had the same problem herself a while back.  I was so relieved about mine, I virtually skipped out of the surgery! 

But what it did make me realise is that I mustn't just shove important things like this to the back of my mind, I should face them head on...And that goes for all those so called 'nasty/embarassing' medical tests that we would rather not go through.   Next to go on this list for me will be the dentist, I haven't seen him for quite a while....!

* * * * *

On a totally different note, I thought the stationery addicts amongst you (& me!) might like to get yourself some of these:

Eraseable Sticky notes.  They are quite expensive at £5.99 for 50 but they are on offer in Ryman's (this week only) on Buy One Get One Free.  (This isn't a sponsored promotion, I just thought some of you might like them, I got some today to celebrate my good health!) ☺

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
Nicky

2 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Glad you got a good result. My things that I regularly put of tend be dealing with finance or more specifically my tax returns! Once I've done it the world is a better place, but sadly I do it time and time again!!! :/

K said...

glad your ok hun.
Oooooooooo, wipe-able sticky notes!!!! No idea what I'd use them for but oooooooooooooooo they sound fun! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails