Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 20 May 2012

Be an Individual

At a new monthly craft group I've started to go to, I made another couple of pages for my filofax art  journal.  Every page is so different from every other, very individual, and that just happens to be the theme for this first page I made and have to show you:

"Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual you have an obligation to be one." A quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.

I do believe this to be true, it is so easy to follow the crowd, conform and fit in with what everyone else is doing.  It takes a bit more out of yourself to break out of the mould (not that I do break out very often, which is why I need this reminder).   

The page was created with a combination of paints, watercolour crayons and a red permanent marker.

For this second page I decided to do my quote with some freehand lettering:
(The letters are all the same colour, but the daylight photo makes some of them look paler) 

And this is another good quote that I can relate to! 

Both pages made on the same night but so very different!

Thanks for stopping by today and for any comments,
Nicky

3 comments:

Carole said...

great creative colours :)

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fantastic pages and quotes! I think you are very individual and your work reflects that!

Claire xxx

Carmen said...

Love both these pages and the quotes too.

What a great group to go along to and just DO stuff.

p.s yes you really must come play WOYWW :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails