Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 30 January 2012

A Heart Valentine's Decoration


'Bout time I did some more crafting, I think!  And this is what I did tonight, a decoration for our mantlepiece using a (charity shop) thick acrylic frame.

I stamped my heart and message 'Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much' onto a piece of graph paper and then simply stuck it onto the inside of the frame with some lovely heart washi tape (Paperchase £2.50).   I then added the washi tape all around the edges of the frame.

I was going to leave it like that but thought it looked a little unfinished, and needed a bit more dimension.

Which is why I added a few handwritten hearts and the square on the front.  Plus the X's:
And am now liking the layered frames look.

******
An updated selection of books are available on my other page now.
Thanks for looking and for any comments,
Nicky


5 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Love those chunky acrylic frames and washi tape. This is really effective. x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Oh that's a great idea. I have some of those frames knocking about somewhere too.

K said...

Thank you for the inspiration hun, I've had a set of these frames sitting around for almost 2 years waiting for inspiration & you've just given it to me, thanks darlin' :-) xx

Carmen said...

Never seen the frames before but this looks great :) I love the layered look!

claudia ortiz said...

cute! Any walk through steps i can follow to do this?

-Claudia
http://www.homeseasons.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails