Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Watercoloured Christmas Pictures

I really enjoyed making tonight's craft:
Mini Christmassy pictures using rubber stamps, watercolour pens, a plant sprayer and a white pen.

I just love the blending effect that watercolours create when lots of water is added.

I made a few:
Not so keen on the 'Merry Christmas' one but I love the Father Christmas:
After stamping the image (using Memento Dye Ink) and leaving it to dry, I coloured him & the background normally with some watercolour felt tip pens...
..and then I 'zapped' the paper all over with the water from the plant sprayer.

I mopped up the excess with a kitchen roll and after leaving him to dry for a little while, I went around his outline with a uni-ball Signo White pen.  I love the almost magical, unpredictable results.

I also went on to making this non-christmassy one:
...using a 50p charity shop stamp.   Pretty flowers are not my normal style but I took great pleasure in doing this to them!   Zap! Zap! :-D

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

3 comments:

K said...

LOVE the holly the best, that really is a fab effect

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Lovely effects ~ I have that Jolly santa stamp his so cute x

PepPop said...

Loving the Santa - great effect. Playing catch up so this comment might seem a bit random now. Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails