Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 4 April 2010

WOW! You did it! Congratulations!

Today I had a go at a craft that I haven't done before - quadruple embossing! I watched this video this morning and thought I'll remember how to do that when I come to do it later.  It was a great technique that makes ordinary card look like metal.  My first attempt went all bubbly but this one kinda worked:

This shows the 'Wow' stamp I used:

I haven't put it on a card yet but am thinking of adding these other stamps and stars to it.  Not sure yet....

My embossed piece doesn't look like the one in the video but I still like the effect and I distressed the edge with black ink. 

It's good fun to try new techniques and you challenge yourself when you do.  Loads of ideas and techniques can be found on other people's blogs, the web and youtube.  Have a go at trying something new!

qwiksave x

4 comments:

Blueberry Heart said...

that looks really good - love the texture of it.

BH x

Perfect Balance Marketing said...

Wow indeed - well done! That looks amazing - never tried embossing but may give it a go once I've tired of applique :o) xox

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for your kind comments. Thinking I might make a fridge magnet or a badge with this idea too. Its fun to do and pretty easy too, check out the video on how to do it properly! :-) qwiksave

Gem said...

that looks fab qwiksave, great technique! :) Xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails