Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Unscientific Product Road Test

Today I've been doing a few bits and pieces of crafts, but none that I was happy enough to show you so I have rapidly done a road test of a product that I would like to recommend.

Up to now, I haven't ventured into the world of colouring with markers like the fab Copics and Promarkers that almost every crafter I know has, but I would like to.  I love seeing some of these stamped characters all coloured in with beautiful shading showing lovely rosy cheeks and rounded features with carefully coloured in shading.

You can also get water based promarkers, and I have got a few which I have had for yonks and never used.  One of the reasons I haven't used them is if you use them with water on inkjet printouts they bleed and make a mess.  This was the subject of my roadtest:

SIMPLE INKJET PRINT BEFORE I ADDED PRODUCT:


AND AFTER:
(Both were done in the same way, with an outline drawn with the waterbased aqua promarker around the edge - which was given chance to dry -  and then the water brush was used to blend.  The top one wouldn't blend, which is why its not completed.)


...AND THE PRODUCT I RECOMMEND:
GHIANT INK JET FIXATIVE SPRAY!

Sorry, for the quality of these test pictures, I was running short of time to put this on.  The results would have also been better if I hadn't rushed!

This spray is not cheap, mine costs £8.25, but I'm sure it will be very useful.

(Images were photographed when still wet)

Sorry for the advertising nature of this post, but its useful for us crafters to let others know what works for us. Have you got any wonder crafting products you would recommend?  

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave
x

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails